GreyGhostGames

Fabulas (Fables) introductory game (through the chat room)

Re: Fabulas (Fables) introductory game (through the chat room)

Knaight wrote:

It's going to be odd given that we have the cat but don't have the owner. That said, I rather like my German gentleman.
Clearly, we need another player* - which, if this ends up being play by post, should be easy.

*Read: Vermonster.

It has been an oddly distracted month for me, but ... if you are still considering a PBM format (rather than simultaneously connected chat sessions) and you are willing to accept a certain learning curve from a rookie, I actually was amused by the dragged-out-of-reality antique dealer character.  I suspect I can adhere to a more daily habit (than I recently had at fudgerpg) of logging in and participating if you go PBM. 

What are the current plans?  Or, is this game finally achieved takeoff already?

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Hi Vermonster

You bet, I've been quite distracted lately too. Finished a book, started working again on a minicampaign for another, and scenarios for the summer CON I usually attend, and kept busy with house duties. And avoided being fired, which has been a pain in the neck too current/tongue

The main issue with this game it's (has been) finding the right date for me, then making it work with the players. Not that I've tried too hard, given the circumstances, so we haven't started yet (I only distributed the character sheets, nothing serious).

Well, I see there is quite an interest on a PBM alternative, though not all prospective players we're prone to such format. If I had more people interested in both formats, I'd have no problem with running both games.

Rookies aren't a problem, after all Fudge is such a great game for them. Plus no one around has ever played this game, so it's not a real handicap.

About the online game, I'll do my best to look for a date the sooner the better, or the players will die of boredom before even starting!

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Okay, if you have a slot in a PBP version for somebody to animate Mariano, please let me know.  I do not think I could commit to a chat session version, but I admit that I have no experience with PBP either.  I did a few games with play-by-US-Mail a couple of decades ago, but the role-playing content was limited to passing notes (and one with a great "bragging" newsletter that I earned a column in for several rounds).  I am assuming the PBP environment does not require more than an once-a-day participation but will last for many more days than a chat session version.

In my experience, a PBP game usually lasts for months. The last one I ran took around 6 months for a 3-4 hours game (as tabletop). This was slow, though.

Most games require a post each 2-3 days. A PBP game requiring a post a day is usually considered quite fast current/wink

A post a day is usually a good idea, though it dropping a bit (to a post per 1-2 days or so) is to be expected.

The [-] die.

I like the PBP idea BUT... posting once a day is impossible for me at times, unless the game starts and finishes in the winter. Basically I'm going away from the civilisation and internet access at some weekends and in the summer even for weeks. But this all depends on when the game starts and so on...

I still intend to run the game through chat, I just have to find the right date amongst my many duties current/tongue

Is this still alive at all? I for one am still interested, on the off chance it isn't completely dead.

The [-] die.

Not dead (yet)! I'm just endured two vacation periods away from home plus a ton of computer work - so poorly detailed it makes Vanilla Fudge look crunchy!

Gotta find a date with enough time so I can check if everybody else can play at the same time. So far I've been unable to do so. But I will try the second half of May or maybe June.

i'm still with you guys on this. current/smile

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
dcshuman
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Latest Posts

I'm glad it's useful
Looks very clear on my 'phone. Thanks for...
Hi, I took some time to reformat the Fudge SRD...

Dice Roller

Settings...
Color: 
Number: 
Done

Member Login