GreyGhostGames

Steampunk Fudge Dice

Steampunk Fudge Dice

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Steampunk Fudge Dice

They are beautiful. I'm afraid, however, that I would confuse the minus for a blank side.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Those are absolutely incredible. I'd be hesitant to even use them, which is ridiculous given how durable they probably are.

The [-] die.

MattyHelms wrote:

They are beautiful. I'm afraid, however, that I would confuse the minus for a blank side.

I agree entirely. Lovely to look at but they fail my first test for dice, as do many of the products by Q-Workshop. Dice are a tool for use at the gaming table and if there is a high chance of confusion and lack of clarity then they simply aren't doing the job. The simplicity of normal Fudge dice is one of the best things about them. It's a real shame, because a slight redesign of the "blank" faces would solve the problem immediately without spoiling the aesthetic.

‘If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone.
A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair.’

- Samuel Johnson

BigJackBrass
Two Separate Gorillas
useravatar
102 Posts
Website 

Good point. You made me remember my lego Fudge dice which I've only used once. Too bouncy and a bit too large for my (already large) hand to roll four of them at once.

Dungeonero wrote:

Good point. You made me remember my lego Fudge dice which I've only used once. Too bouncy and a bit too large for my (already large) hand to roll four of them at once.

The solution here is using 3dF.

The [-] die.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
dcshuman
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Latest Posts

I'm glad it's useful
Looks very clear on my 'phone. Thanks for...
Hi, I took some time to reformat the Fudge SRD...

Dice Roller

Settings...
Color: 
Number: 
Done

Member Login