GreyGhostGames

Hi,

I am new here and relatively new to Fudge, though certainly not new to gaming (I have been around since D&D version 1).

I am looking for a set of rules for large scale fantasy AD&D type battles (anything from a few hundred up to several thousand combatants) for use with Fudge for an online, multiplayer situation.
I have followed links, searched and scoured and found nothing - apart from this - http://helge.nvg.org/rpg/fudbattles.php which is largely disappointing, frankly.

I have thus set out to create my own set of rules, but it is becoming increasingly difficult. As much as I love the concept of Fudge, this multiplayer scenario cannot be 'fudged' - as in, I cannot arbitrarily suggest that 'some men' have died from your company. My players will all need clear and simple instructions, a round by round wargaming type of environ for this to work.
I need a set of defined rules which set out the following:

- How many individuals of each unit are wounded/killed per round of combat.
- A clear picture of how large scale creatures can wage war against smaller opponents.
- Missile damage against large scale opponents.
- AOE damage from magic attacks against both multiple scale 0 enemies and large scale opponents.
- Training, morale and motivation - and potentially experience gained from surviving units for a rolling campaign.
- Penalties and bonuses for unusual circumstances, tactics, enemies etc.
- etc etc....

You get the idea.

As I said, I am creating my own rules as I write, but it occurred to me that someone may have a nice, streamlined and tested set of rules that work already.

(For the record, I use the basic Fudge rules - but I have adopted the Fair, Good, Good+, Great, Great+ ...etc system of melee combat, suggested as an add on.)

Many thanks.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re:

I remember seeing and downloading a set of rules for tactical combat in Fudge, similar to GURPS' Advanced Combat rules. Maybe these can be of any help? (I'm not very sure, since I have not yet used it in play)
http://www.sonic.net/~rknop/php/Omar/fudge/combat.php

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re:

At a first very quick glance, this looks great... many thanks!

Re:

Hope it may be of any help... I'm more familiar with GURPS and I really missed the possibilities of tactical combat in Fudge, until finding this article. current/smile

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
dcshuman
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Latest Posts

I'm glad it's useful
Looks very clear on my 'phone. Thanks for...
Hi, I took some time to reformat the Fudge SRD...

Dice Roller

Settings...
Color: 
Number: 
Done

Member Login