GreyGhostGames

Hi,

I am new here and relatively new to Fudge, though certainly not new to gaming (I have been around since D&D version 1).

I am looking for a set of rules for large scale fantasy AD&D type battles (anything from a few hundred up to several thousand combatants) for use with Fudge for an online, multiplayer situation.
I have followed links, searched and scoured and found nothing - apart from this - http://helge.nvg.org/rpg/fudbattles.php which is largely disappointing, frankly.

I have thus set out to create my own set of rules, but it is becoming increasingly difficult. As much as I love the concept of Fudge, this multiplayer scenario cannot be 'fudged' - as in, I cannot arbitrarily suggest that 'some men' have died from your company. My players will all need clear and simple instructions, a round by round wargaming type of environ for this to work.
I need a set of defined rules which set out the following:

- How many individuals of each unit are wounded/killed per round of combat.
- A clear picture of how large scale creatures can wage war against smaller opponents.
- Missile damage against large scale opponents.
- AOE damage from magic attacks against both multiple scale 0 enemies and large scale opponents.
- Training, morale and motivation - and potentially experience gained from surviving units for a rolling campaign.
- Penalties and bonuses for unusual circumstances, tactics, enemies etc.
- etc etc....

You get the idea.

As I said, I am creating my own rules as I write, but it occurred to me that someone may have a nice, streamlined and tested set of rules that work already.

(For the record, I use the basic Fudge rules - but I have adopted the Fair, Good, Good+, Great, Great+ ...etc system of melee combat, suggested as an add on.)

Many thanks.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re:

I remember seeing and downloading a set of rules for tactical combat in Fudge, similar to GURPS' Advanced Combat rules. Maybe these can be of any help? (I'm not very sure, since I have not yet used it in play)
http://www.sonic.net/~rknop/php/Omar/fudge/combat.php

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re:

At a first very quick glance, this looks great... many thanks!

Re:

Hope it may be of any help... I'm more familiar with GURPS and I really missed the possibilities of tactical combat in Fudge, until finding this article. current/smile

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
fantomx11
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Latest Posts

Very sorry to hear that, Ann. Hope you can get...
Sorry, no progress.... 2017 has turned out...
Any progress on this or other PDF releases?

Dice Roller

Settings...
Color: 
Number: 
Done

Member Login