GreyGhostGames

wounds and damage and stuff

wounds and damage and stuff

Hi Folks

Imagine the following:

Weapons damage + strength + scale (or whatever) just is not enough to overcome a mighty foe's armor.
So whenever you hit, you don't do any damage.
Is there a rule that gives someone the possibility of doing at least a scratch?

Bye,
Abraxas

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: wounds and damage and stuff

Hi Abraxas, it's called Grazing.  It's section 4.56 in the 1995 online version of Fudge.

Abraxas wrote:

Hi Folks

Imagine the following:

Weapons damage + strength + scale (or whatever) just is not enough to overcome a mighty foe's armor.
So whenever you hit, you don't do any damage.
Is there a rule that gives someone the possibility of doing at least a scratch?

Bye,
Abraxas

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

I have Fudge 10th Anniversary Edition. I have read about Grazing, but didn't understand it.
:-(

So, here's a link to the Grazing section in the 1995 rules: http://members.dsl-only.net/~bing/frp/f … ml#sec4.56

How can we improve this section to be clearer?

Ann DupuisGrey Ghost Press, Inc.

It may do no damage at all, depending on the opponent's defensive factors: a fist hitting plate mail won't hurt the armored knight in the slightest - unless it's a giant's fist.

That's the point.. If my weapon can't do "damage at all" how am I supposed to ever defeat my opponent?
I could kick him so hard that he falls to the ground. Then I could take off his helmet, and hit my fist directly
into his face till he's knocked out.

Abraxas wrote:

That's the point.. If my weapon can't do "damage at all" how am I supposed to ever defeat my opponent?
I could kick him so hard that he falls to the ground. Then I could take off his helmet, and hit my fist directly
into his face till he's knocked out.

That would be an example of this in action, among others. Others would be running away and getting a weapon that actually works, doing something like lighting the area on fire, etc.

The [-] die.

Hello, Abraxas!

What if you allow a natural roll of four plusses (++++)  to cause a Scratch?

This allows for a miraculous ("Hail Mary") hit. current/wink

--fudgbob, the erratic

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
dcshuman
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Latest Posts

I'm glad it's useful
Looks very clear on my 'phone. Thanks for...
Hi, I took some time to reformat the Fudge SRD...

Dice Roller

Settings...
Color: 
Number: 
Done

Member Login