After a "Pirates of the Caribbean" DVD marathon and playing Facebook's Mighty
Pirates, I have decided to run a pirate game on Day of Fudge (June 4, 2011)!
I will be using two excellent Fudge Factor articles:
1. Naval Combat in Fudge. http://www.fudgefactor.org/2005/09/nava … fudge.html
2. All for One, and All for Fudge! http://www.fudgefactor.org/2002/11/01/a … fudge.html
But I need some help, me hearties... I need some ships!
Can you design some? It can be purely descriptive or with stats, as long as it
details the ship, quirks and all. Of course it needs a full crew too - from
Captain to Cook!
I thank yee.
Do you want standard Age of Sail ships, or are you planning on piracy set in a different era*. Moreover, what do you need from ships on a mechanical basis?
*Because if you drag it back a bunch, I can bring in the Alchemquest ships, which are easy enough to design. Kayaks, catamarans, long canoes, rafts, and other similar boats make up most of the stuff in that setting, none of which fits the standard Age of Sail.
The [-] die.
JTim just gave 2 sample ships on the mailing list: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/fud … sage/3553. I emailed said samples to you now, Knaight.
I finally settled on my ship stats
* Class (Ship Scale): Represents size and number of dedicated gun decks it can support. Ship Classes lower that Sloop are ordinary boats.
> Sloop (0): 0 gun decks (need to lash cannons on the top deck).
> Corvette (1): 1 gun deck.
> Frigate (2): 2 gun decks.
> Galleon (3): 3 gun decks.
* Hull: Terrible to Superb. Strength/Damage Capacity. Lower than Terrible, it is sunk!
* Speed: Terrible to Superb. Movement/Quickness. i.e. Sails and Rigging. Lower than Terrible, dead in the water!
* Manueverability: Terrible to Superb. Turning-ability i.e. Wheel and Rudder. Lower than Terrible, drifting aimlessly!
* Crew: Terrible to Superb. Scalawags all of 'em. Lower than Terrible, R.I.P.!
> First Mate Adds 1 to Speed.
> Bos'n Adds 1 to Hull.
> Pilot Adds 1 to Maneuver.
> Surgeon Adds 1 to Crew.
* Submersible (The Flying Dutchman)
* more to come...
* Noisy - always creaks and groans
* Cursed (The Flying Dutchman)
* more to come...