GreyGhostGames

Dungeon 23

Dungeon 23

Hey there, it's 2023 and I am working on the Dungeon 23 challenge wherein I design a dungeon room everyday for the whole year. I didn't want to do this in the OSR dungeon crawl style, instead I am designing a sprawling manor house possessed by the forces of Chaos in a narrative fashion using my favorite system, Fudge.
So far it has been interesting with lots of atmospheric elements like crystal apples that become giant spiders and strange masks that possess the wearer with an alien insect consciousness.

What are some current things you are working on using Fudge?

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Dungeon 23

I've seen quite a lot of activity on social media about Dungeon 23, although I've not read the original item that sparked it off. At the moment I'm trying to get back to running games after mental health issues brought some sessions to a crashing halt, but I've been thinking that using one system—in particular a relatively simple one—will help me to concentrate on the game rather than worrying about the rules.

To that end I'm considering a Polar Fudge Adventures swashbuckling Musketeers game. It lacks the detailed fencing rules found elsewhere, but has other elements that I think might work really nicely for a fast moving, light-hearted game in the style of Dumas' novels.

‘If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone.
A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair.’

- Samuel Johnson

BigJackBrass
Two Separate Gorillas
useravatar
102 Posts
Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Dungeon 23

If you go with Polar Fudge Adventures for you game, I'd love to hear how it works out.

You are correct, there are no fencing rules, but it could lean on the Standard Tags (like Vulnerable, Suppressed, Persistent and Area) as described in the sections The Players Did What? section. So for instance a Feint could be an attack that does no damage but makes the target Vulnerable.

Best of Three Contest might be another option. It may be a little too abstract, but I used it play out jousting tournaments successfully. 

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
dcshuman
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Latest Posts

I'm glad it's useful
Looks very clear on my 'phone. Thanks for...
Hi, I took some time to reformat the Fudge SRD...

Dice Roller

Settings...
Color: 
Number: 
Done

Member Login